You’ve found your new house and are ready to pack your things and move. We at The Powell Group understand it can be a hassle. Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with a list of how to get it done efficiently.
- Use regular cardboard boxes for the van. After all, the inside of the truck is a certain shape, and all of your boxes need to fit inside. So, don’t use differently shaped containers. Save those for the car.
- Load the heavy stuff – like dressers and your sofa – first. The last thing you want is an unbalanced truck. Also, cover everything else to prevent excessive movement.
- Save the lighter stuff for last. You may have to figure out how to fit them in the truck – just like a puzzle. But, any jigsaw puzzle wizard will have that done in no time.
- Anything with chemicals (such as cleaners) should be kept in your car if you are taking them with you. Just make sure they are sealed.
- Make sure all vehicles are secure. You don’t want anyone to open your truck and find a “jackpot of free stuff.”
The Powell Group encourages you to explore different ways of transporting your things in order to save you any hassles later. Our team members are here to answer all of your questions and concerns.
If you are planning to move to the Western Upstate of South Carolina, log on to our website and view all of our available homes. We are sure you will find exactly what you are looking for.
(Picture used from Wikipedia)
(Ideas borrowed from realtor.com)