There are dozens of small, inexpensive home improvements that you can make to your house to add instant curb appeal. Adding curb appeal to your house not only makes it easier to sell, but it also gives your house that nice and finished look in which you can take pride in. When deciding on how to add instant curb appeal to your house, make sure you consider what your house currently looks like and what will look best with it. Also, consider how much time you have to put into your home improvement project and what your budget is.
Here are a few DIY home improvement projects that all cost under $100 and will add instant curb appeal to your house.
- Paint your Front Door, Trim, or Shutters
– Most exterior paint will cost you about $25 a gallon. To paint your trim, shutters, or front door, it shouldn’t take more than $100, unless you have a big house. Revive your home with a bold paint color that defines you and your home. Plan for at least the whole day for this project.
- Install New House Numbers
– If your house has old or faded house numbers on it, purchase some new numbers to spruce up your font porch or driveway. Look for modern house numbers that are made from stainless steel, brass, or aluminum. Try to match your new house numbers with the finish that is on your exterior light fixtures to add the best curb appeal. Simple house numbers can start at $2.00 for a number or you can look into customized plaques that can cost $50 – $100.
- Replace Exterior Light Fixtures
– When buying new exterior light fixtures, consider both the style of the light fixtures & the function of them. You want your fixtures to light up your entry way and make it safer. Also, look for light fixtures that have the same mounting system as the current ones that you have to save yourself some time on this home improvement project. Exterior light fixtures can be found anywhere from $20 and up.
- Install Flower Boxes
– If your house is lacking color & appeal and you’re on a budget, try adding some simple flower boxes to your house. Install the flower boxes in the windows of your house or on the front porch railings. Flower boxes are relatively cheap and can be purchased for about $25. The thing to keep in mind here with this home improvement project is that you will also have to pay for the flowers & soil for inside the flower boxes and you will also have to maintain the upkeep of the flowers to actually add curb appeal. If you rather not add flower boxes to your house, then consider buying some container gardens in pots & placing them on your front steps leading up to your porch.