If you’re a homeowner with a small space, listen up! There are several ways to make the area within your home more vibrant. HGTV has some great ideas.
- Use just a few pieces to decorate. The last thing you want to do is clutter your space with too many pieces. It’ll look too busy, and it might even look smaller. Instead, use just a few pieces and make them neutral.
- If you need extra storage, you can add a hanging shelving unit to the back of your closet door. Just adding this will add plenty of storage allowing you to put more items away.
- Use your foyer. Many houses have foyers that can be decorated. Remember – this is the first area of the house people will see when they walk in. Make it a welcome greeting for them.
- Less is more. Your small space may require smaller furniture. But, you can still make it cozy with some decorative cushions and blankets.
- Don’t give up who you are. It may be a small space, but you can still give it some character. Go ahead and experiment, and you’ll come up with an idea you’ll love.
The Powell Group encourages you to explore different decorating ideas within your small space. There are plenty of local experts you can talk to. Newcomers can go ahead and look around your neighborhood for the best small space and decoration shop near you. Our team members are here to answer all of your housing questions and concerns.
(Pictures used from Wikipedia)