TGIF it’s Friday! I am going to start a new trend here on our blog. Every Friday I will write about something exciting to do in or around the upstate! The beauty throughout the upstate is just spectacular. From lakes and fishing to mountain hikes and waterfalls the opportunities are endless.
Considering the heat of the summer, let’s take this weekend to cool off in the beautiful Asheville North Carolina! Here you will find Sliding Rock! This is a beautiful part of nature that has been creating the ultimate water slide for years now and it is just a drive away. From Anderson it is roughly an two hour drive. Here are some tips that I read on romanticashville.com:
- Bring cash. Between May 28 and August 10 there are life guards on duty so there is a $2 admission fee during these times. When it is not in that time frame there is not a fee but donations are encouraged.
- They recommend that you wear water shoes, a swimsuit, and even rugged shorts or clothes since you are ultimately sliding on a rock.
- July is a popular month for them, it is recommended that you come before the peak hours of 12-4 if you want to get the most out of it. There are however multiple viewing docks and picnic tables to enjoy if you want to make it an all-day event.
- Children under the age of seven must slide with an adult, and all participants are only allowed to slide in the sitting position.
- My personal recommendation is to bring extra towels as well as a change of clothes there are bathrooms on site.
- Fur babies are welcome! They have to be on a leash and are not allowed to slide down the rock.
- It is a great place to have fun so go out and enjoy it!
If you are planning on making a weekend trip and want to stay in Asheville I highly recommend the brewery tours and vineyards. Have fun, stay safe, and get outside to soak up that summer sun! If you all have any ideas for a Friday Fun Day don’t hessitate to let me know! Have a great weekend and go enjoy Asheville.
Photo Credit Thanks To: smarttravel.com