With Winter just around the corner, there is a lot of excitement, stress, and transition. Our homes need our attention this time of year. Below you will find my version of a fall/winter home to-do list.
- Have your roof inspected. This is important going into the winter months, you want to make sure that everything is sealed and working properly.
- Have your fireplace and chimney inspected You do not want to go into the winter with critters or insects entering your home when you light your first fire, so get it inspected beforehand.
- Change the rotating direction of your ceiling fans. Now is the time that we like the warm air and we like it to not cost an arm and a leg. Switching your ceiling fan direction will help with that.
- Check your carbon monoxide and fire detectors. We often forget about our detectors until they beep at us to let us know. Get on top of that this year by replacing the batteries early.
- Check your attics insulation. With the winter months creeping up you want to make sure your insulation is installed properly. This will help with proper heating as well as keeping critters out during the winter months.
- Replace your filters. This is something that is suggested we do month to month, however, that does not seem to be the case in some busy homes. Take time to go ahead and change your filters for winter.
- Regularly clean your gutters. With the leaves falling consistently you want to check/clean your gutters frequently throughout the fall season.
- Trim dead branches on trees. With snow, wind, and rain being in our near future you might want to consider cutting off dead branches. This will help prevent possible damage.
- Stock up on firewood. Stocking up early is a great time saver for the winter months.
- Wrap your water pipes. During the winter months is the worst time of the year for our plumbing. Make sure you drip your faucets or wrap your pipes to prevent pipe bursts throughout the winter.
I hope these tips help you all through the fall and winter months. If you all have any home maintenance ideas please let me know below in the comments. I hope that you all have a wonderful week, and WELCOME TO FALL Y’ALL
Photo Credit Thanks Too: